Saturday, March 12, 2011

Healthy Brown Rice Porridge


I'm feeling low in energy today and Austin had a swelling tongue due to medication reaction and have not been eating well so feeling giddy so I decided to cook something nice and yet nourishing!

While sourcing for cooking ingredients at wet market this morning, I saw fresh Huai Shan (淮山) and decided to get a piece back home.  Then I continue and brought some fresh mushroom, carrot and spinich too!

Now I find that these ingredients are not sufficient...so I decided to add in some other ingredients that can be found in my fridge ha!

Here's the ingredients required:


1 cup Brown Rice
1.5 litre Water
300g Huai Shan (cut cube)
200g Carrot (Dice)
4 Stalks of Spinich (cut very finely)
6 Red Dates (soak 10 mins and cut half)
1 tbsp Wolfberries (soak 10 mins and leave aside)
3 Fresh Mushroom (Dice)
6 Dried Oyster (soak 15 mins)
One handful of Dried Scallops (soak 15 mins)
1 stalk spring onion (dice)
Salt and Pepper to taste




  • Boil Brown Rice with Water till boiling.
  • Add in Dried Oyster and Scallop and boil for 15 minutes.
  • Add in Burdock, Carrot, Red Dates and Spinich and boil for 30 minutes.
  • Add in Fresh Mushroom and Wolfberries and boil for another 15 minutes.
  • Season with Salt and pepper.
  • Sprinkle some Spring Onions on top of porridge and serve hot!
Enjoy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment