Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All-In Fried Rice

You must be wondering why I name this dish as "All-In"?  Sounds more like "Show Hand" hahahaha...or I would call it "Zhap Ba Rang Fried Rice" which has the same meaning...

Well, I have some old rice that I wanted to clear from the bin before refilling the new ones so I decided to cook them all and then use it to fried rice.  Usually people will say overnight rice is better for use to fried rice but I don't think so!  I have weak stomach so I would prefer my food to be fresh!! 

However, in order to make sure that my fried rice is nice and chewy, I usually will cook my white rice with just 80% of water needed and with that, the rice will not be too soft and it will be very nice and chewy when fried!!

Looking through my fridge I found eggs, preserved raddish, crab stick, snow peas, mixed peas, baby corn, Lap Cheong (Preserved Sausages) so I decided to use all ingredients for my fried rice.  Surprisingly it taste wonderful and Austin ate one big bowl even he already have eaten his dinner before coming home!!


I think anything can be used to fried rice so it's up to your own creativity or maybe up to what you have in your fridge. 

Here's the ingredients needed:

2 Cups of White Rice (Cooked and leave aside)
2 Eggs
10 Baby Corn (cut 1 cm pieces)
1 tbsp Preserved Raddish
6 Crab Sticks (Cut into 1 cm pieces)
1 Lap Cheong (Cut into thin slices)
10 Snow Peas (cut into 2 cm pieces)
1 cup mixed peas (I like lots of peas so if you don't like, add 1/2 cup will do)
1 stalk Spring Onion (Dice)
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 tsp Pepper
3 Garlic (Minced)

Method:
  • Heat wok with 2 tbsp Oil and saute garlic till fragrant.
  • Add in the Rice and mix well then add in all the vegetables (mix peas, snow peas and baby corn) and mix well.
  • Add in Preserved Raddish and Lap Cheong and Crab Stick and stir well.
  • Lastly add in Eggs and mix well and add in seasoning and mix well till rice and chewy and fragrant.
  • Add in Spring Onion and serve!
This is a simple yet nice dish to cook and eat for dinner if you are too lazy to cook dishes!  I even save some for my next day lunch and it still taste wonderful after reheated with Microwave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment