Friday, April 22, 2011

Cai Por Steam Groupa (菜脯蒸老鼠斑)

Bascially I love to eat seafood more than meat.  Today while marketing, I spotted a nice expensive groupa and decided to reward my hubby for mopping the floor last night!  5 minutes after I brought it, I make up my mind to steam it with cai por (preserved raddish).  Instead of just normal HK style of steaming.

Ingredients needed:

1 Fish Head or 1 Groupa around 600g
2 tbsp Fish Sauce + 1 tbsp of Water (mix together)
5 tbsp Salted Preserved Raddish
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 Stalk Spring Onion (slice thinly)
Dash of pepper

Method:
  • Heat wok with 3 tbsp oil and add in salted preserved raddish to stir fry till crispy.
  • Remove excess oil in wok and reduce to low heat then add in sugar to mix well with the preserved raddish and remove for use later on.
  • Place fish in a suitable for steaming plate.  Add in fish sauce to fish evenly. Spinkle dash of pepper on fish.  place the fried preserved raddish on top of fish.
  • Heat wok with sufficient water for steaming till boiling.
  • Add in the fish and cover wok.  Steam it for 6 mins (usually I judge steaming time based on type of fish use and the thickness).
  • Open up wok cover and sprinkle spring onion before serving.

It's that easy to have a nice steam fish with less than S$10 which you will probably have to pay around S$30 at a restaurant!  So why not start cooking a nice dish for your family today!!

I ate lots of rice with just the preserved raddish..it's soooo yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment