Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Healthy Kimchi Chigae


I've been thinking to create a blog to share with everyone that loves to cook and bake and here I am. I hope that people will read my blog and like the recipes shared!

If you like Korean food and wish to reduce weight...try this. It's simple to cook, tasty and most importantly for those on diet...wow...very low in calories!! Try to use a small earthen pot to cook this soup or else a small pot can do too!
Although this is my first attempt to cook this soup, but I must say it taste wonderful!! My hubby don't like to eat kimchi but he ate a lot of rice tonight with this soup.
Ingredients (serving for 2):
250g Kimchi (cut into 2cm length), 2 Stalks of Spring Onion (cut 3cm length), 1 Pack Soft Toufu (cut 1 cm cube), 15 Big Anchovies, 2 Eggs, 900ml Water, 1 tbsp Korean Hot Pepper Paste, 1 tsp Fish Sauce
  • Boil 900ml water with 15 Anchovies for 15 minutes with med fire. Remove and discard Anchovies after boiling the soup base.
  • Add in Kimchi and 1 tbsp hot pepper paste into the soup and continue boiling for 5 minutes.
  • Add in Toufu and Fish Sauce and boil for another 5 minutes.
  • Lastly add in spring onions and crack in 2 eggs and turn off fire (Do not stir the eggs immediately - stir only after adding into the soup for about 2 minutes).
  • Optional to sprinkle dash of toasted sesame seeds and 1 tsp sesame oil before serving.
Kimchi is good if you have constipation problem! I like it very much because it helps to expel my stomach wind too!!
This Chigae goes very well with just plain rice or even with Instant noodles.
It's so expensive to buy kimchi from the Korean Mart or local Supermarket. Well, I'll teach you to make nice and tasty kimchi soon...so right now, enjoy your chigae!!

No comments:

Post a Comment